[FoRK] poor man's PAN

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 09:48:07 PDT 2013

I have a little TPlink running a hand tweaked version of Piratebox (
http://daviddarts.com/piratebox-diy-openwrt/) being powered by an extern
battery pack (both one I cobbled together and a commercial bought one).
With a good sized usb stick/sd<>usb device i have enough storage fro a nice
chunk of my music collection, a ton of books and some goodies I don't mind
sharing out. When i am out and about it gets 10+ hours (less with increased
use) when it is on the commercial battery pack, about 6 hours on my jerry
rigged battery pack and longer than i can count when its draining off the
car battery.

I have played with a portable RasPi device...my battery rigs power it just
fine , the storage situation is about the same....but man the stuff you can
pack on a Pi. Nothing like having a shell to run  elinks on :)-

-tom