[FoRK] poor man's PAN

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 10:47:14 PDT 2013

I have lots of devices...I have kids who have lots of devices....I have
devices that have lots of devices.,....and rather than moving  TMBG's Here
Comes Science to every device I simply point every device to the one device
that holds the bits that make up TMBG's Here Comes Science (which if you
have not purchased yet you really should...I mean really... and play it
loudly in your kids class when the creationist parents show up...oh the fun)

And yes, I could  use it as a proxy box and an interweb. In fact i ave a
few pages set up to make getting at some of the books a bit easier. I have
also had a copy of Project Gutenberg (which , as I had to explain to a
parent recently, has nothing to do with the actor Steve) on one set up and
the  offline version of Khan Academy on another (just in case our local
school board decided to cut us off for some unknown reason...they did
not...in fact they love what we did last school year with the real deal).

But all that was on the little TPLink... On the RasPI I have been working
up I also have included a squid proxy, tor, a few services (ssh, mpd, etc)
and so on and so forth. The Pi is the damndest sweetspot device that I have
played with in a long long time...I look back on my chumby dabblings  as if
it was the girl friend before the one who played D&D.. I mean so damn
sweet.

-tom(and by D&D I mean.....pre 3.5. Sure 4ed is all that but srsly
folks....thac0 thac0 thac0)