[FoRK] Your prediction, please

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jun 25 00:46:09 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 03:20:36PM -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Maybe you don't have the right definition of amortization.  ZipCars.
>
> http://www.zipcar.com/

Looks like regular car time-sharing. Useful, but an
entirely different niche for a daily used car.

I live in a place where many people don't have a car
at all, since public transport is so good. My wife
needs one, however, since she's a teacher/musician.
Unfortunately, due to job changes (I'm taking
an additonal 15-20 h/week along with my 40 h/week
regular for an R&D in a startup) the new job
will have to lease a company car. Both these could
be EVs with 50-100 km range, and daytime charging.