[FoRK] Future technologies

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Jun 28 17:59:46 PDT 2013

Cool, sounds much easier than expected: The sharpness of the electric
field gradient determines the effectiveness of solar wind deflection.
Funny that it took an anomaly on the moon's surface to try this.

http://www.stfc.ac.uk/RALSpace/Areas+of+expertise/Space+Research/Mini+magnetospheres/24649.aspx
http://www.stfc.ac.uk/RALSpace/Areas+of+expertise/Space+Research/39404.aspx

On 4/10/13 10:25 AM, Stephen Williams wrote:
> Part fact, part fancy.
>
> Super-efficient ion thrusters will probably power all types of flying
> (and driving?) vehicles.  All we need are unlimited hand-held, cool,
> megavolt sources.
> http://elecp-media.com/portal/wts/cgmcfMaU2Dmbbgj8-ceuwu6crguyBea
>
> At some point, we may discover the secret of gravity and gravity waves
> which could lead to all types of propulsion and weapons / defenses.
> But this may not be necessary.
>
> Electromagnetic Tractor / Repulser beams:
> Generate shaped, targeted electromagnetic waves / beams in a
> syncopated fashion:
> The first burst wave gradually builds and is longer, but low powered
> to reorient target molecule polarity, similar to an NMR.
> The second snap wave is shorter, sharply defined, opposite, and much
> more intense to repulse or attract the targeted molecules.
> Alternate rapidly at appropriate frequencies.  Generates movement with
> a characteristic vibration.
> Use laser ranging to fine tune frequencies and wave shape.
>
> A less intense form of this, using NMR like sensing, is used for
> scanning.
> Based on molecular composition, a blend of waves should be used in
> combination to pull or push all matter equally.
>
> Pushing / pulling different types of matter violently in opposite
> directions creates a matter disruptor.
>
> Shields:
Sounds a little like this: