[FoRK] white hat pwn

Gordon Mohr gojomo-forkxent at xavvy.com
Sun Jun 30 16:37:16 PDT 2013

The web-based, subscription-service (gotomypc etc) is probably the
ease-of-use winner, but oftentimes in such situations, the help is
needed *before* the internet is even working.

I foresee a smartphone-dongle attachment, plus app, that serves as a
remote KVM. So the grandparent (or remote business client) plugs their
iPhone into the dongle, and the dongle into the USB (and perhaps HDMI)
ports of the machine. Then with minimal mobile data connectivity, they
can grant remote administration even through boot prompts/bios-settings.

- Gordon