[FoRK] Fwd: [IP] What It’s Like to Get a National-Security Letter

Ben (B.K.) DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Mon Jul 1 08:15:19 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 03:23:10PM +0100, David Edmondson wrote:

> > > No, it isn't. Encryption is easy, key management is hard.
> >
> > Maybe that explains "not verified"?
>
> Self-signed certs between trusted end points are a lot better
> than CAs that aid and abet the enemy.

I have to admit, I was using Penango with self-signed certs for quite a
while to VERY EASILY encrypt my GMail accounts with little to no effort. I
think they are one of the only easy solutions providing a Firefox/IE plugin
for encrypting Gmail near-seamlessly on-the-fly. Has anyone found anything
else? My biggest challenge was their method of updating with each new
version of Firefox and the time-to-compatibility with any changes in
Firefox or GMail itself.

--
Ben DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bkdelong    CV

GPG Key Fingerprint: 5EEF0ABDACDD937AD08F4AF0E42DFD9081DE7CB