[FoRK] ridiculous project

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Mon Jul 8 04:31:00 PDT 2013

We've sort of had that during the great clock-speed re-adjustment when
processors went from single cores to multi-cores (and threading).  Also,
the other side effect would be mobile code, i.e. where the code moves to
where the data is, which in essence, we're already had too.  In fact,
with modern networking, you can now "page" out to the cloud faster than
cpus could page out to memory just a couple generations ago.

Greg