[FoRK] ridiculous project

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jul 9 01:32:39 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 08:56:11PM -0700, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> On 7/7/2013 11:48 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
> > Why not FORTH?
>
> Not a bad idea. Having grown up with HP calculators I am happy to
> deal with an RPN language. But there was (famously) a 4KB BASIC...
> was there a 4KB FORTH?

How about a 66 Byte Forth?

http://utoh.org/3ins4th.html

If you want it really fancy, download a 200 lines of Verilog
http://excamera.com/files/j1demo/verilog/j1.v for 16 bit
CPU http://excamera.com/sphinx/fpga-j1.html
and a complete system including TCP/IP stack under 8 K

Without the stack about 2 K

http://excamera.com/files/j1demo/docforth/basewords.fs.html

http://excamera.com/files/j1demo/docforth/nuc.fs.html