[FoRK] Anyone know if EC2 takes a while to flex the CPU speed up

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Jul 16 11:35:14 PDT 2013

On 16 Jul 2013, at 18:57, Gregory Alan Bolcer <greg at bolcer.org> wrote:
> My guess is it's a disk issue or i/o issue.  Figure out what disk reads/writes are happening and where they are.  Configure a small raid-0 using a couple of mounted volumes and configure the software to use that as it's temp/scratch.

It's really not doing that much I/O - it's both receiving and transmitting about 3Mb/s over the network and reading and writing a similar amount (it's basically symmetrical: network->disk->disk->network).

But thanks - I'll take a deeper look if it turns into a real problem rather than a potential one.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten