[FoRK] What do you think of my http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/24/google-chromecast/

Ben (B.K.) DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Thu Jul 25 07:23:27 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Ken Meltsner <meltsner at alum.mit.edu>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Gregory Alan Bolcer <greg at bolcer.org
> >wrote:
>
> > Forget about two OS's, my stupid household has an over-abundance of
> > interwebthingies, some of which run out of batteries, have too many
> wires,
> > have their own quirks or can get lost in the couch.
> >
> > Win7: Desktop x 1, Laptops x 2
> > Ubuntu 12: Desktop/Server x 2
>
> <snip>

> You, sir, are moving from being a user of technology to being a collector.
> If you get enough old stuff, you will become an accumulator, and might win
> a coveted spot on "Hoarders: The Digital Generation" in a decade or so.
>
> Ken Meltsner

I believe the term is Digital Archivist. Heh. My brother is Director of IT
for our hometown and has a space that he's dubbed "the technology
graveyard" that may someday put the Living Computer Museum in Seattle to
shame for his generation.

--
Ben DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bkdelong    CV

GPG Key Fingerprint: 5EEF0ABDACDD937AD08F4AF0E42DFD9081DE7CB