[FoRK] What do you think of my http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/24/google-chromecast/

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jul 25 08:47:45 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:23:27AM -0400, Ben (B.K.) DeLong wrote:

> I believe the term is Digital Archivist. Heh. My brother is Director of IT
> for our hometown and has a space that he's dubbed "the technology
> graveyard" that may someday put the Living Computer Museum in Seattle to
> shame for his generation.

I can think of a few scenarios when having a working hardware
archive that goes back to 1980s or 1990s can come useful.

There's way too much magic in modern stuff. Both from the
security and survivability (brace yourself, net energy
cliff is coming) perspective. Never bothered with punched
tape, outside of military telco/crypto. But, I'm really
serious about getting into ham SDR.