[FoRK] The guild of fat smelly infrastructure programmers (fun with stereotypes)

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 29 10:40:29 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III <joe at barrera.org>wrote:

> But it's a great idea, promoting understanding by teaching stereotypes.
> Image if we did this with race 50 years ago? "Asians, for example, are
> workaholics, while..."

Asians weren't even on most people's stereotypes for professionals 50 years
ago; You might get a "of course they're workaholics -- those gardens won't
prune themselves..."

Substitute Jews, I think.

> P.S. NO I do NOT have a neck beard. I don't even really have a beard. It's
> just stubble that sometimes gets a little long.

Beard, yes.  Neckbeard, no.

Ken

--
After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever ,sig material.