[FoRK] [zfs] Announcing OpenZFS

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Sep 23 01:59:23 PDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 07:16:08PM -0400, dan at geer.org wrote:

>  > I'd much prefer a kilonode of ~ARM like 64 bit nodes on a low-latency=20
>  > n-torus.
>
> Ask Danny Hillis if he has a Connection Machine laying about.

Not worth the electricity to run, and besides, it would
be a great museum piece, for the blinkenlights alone.

> More relevant, try to find one of SiCortex's boxes (NSA has
> a bunch, e.g.).
>
> Yes, I am ignoring the n-torus, both the math and the company
> by that name.

I'm still waiting for my Epiphany board. Then there's
http://shop.adapteva.com/collections/parallella/products/parallella-cluster-kit
which might become even more useful with the next-gen
64 node version.