[FoRK] AngularJS — Superheroic JavaScript MVW Framework

rst at ai.mit.edu rst at ai.mit.edu
Mon Oct 7 20:25:12 PDT 2013

J. Andrew Rogers writes:

 > I do not know anything about angular.js, and do zero web
 > development of any kind, but it has been the topic of recent
 > discussion among friends whose opinions on such matters I
 > trust. Consensus seems to be that it is deeply flawed in some
 > regards or at least for some use cases. I couldn't really tell you
 > why though, which makes this opinion approximately worthless
 > hearsay. But hey, crappy anecdotes might be better than no
 > anecdotes. :-)

Angular is one of several client-side MVC frameworks that have buzz
right at the moment (Ember is another; Backbone is more bare-bones,
as befits the name).  Unfortunately, among these, it seems
distinguished by cryptic documentation and oddball naming conventions
which do little to enlighten non-initiates.  People do impressive
things with it, but the learning curve is awfully steep...

rst