[FoRK] Altera Announces Quad-Core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 for Stratix 10 SoCs

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Oct 30 15:13:07 PDT 2013

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nvidia-shows-Kepler-powered-Tegra-5-unprecedented-graphics-power-on-mobile_id48439
Nvidia shows Kepler-powered Tegra 5, unprecedented graphics power on mobile

Nvidia shows Kepler-powered Tegra 5, unprecedented graphics power on mobile

Nvidia has demonstrated its upcoming Tegra 5 mobile chip with Kepler
graphics and it’s a true monster. It’s actually the first chip capable
of rendering a 1080p lifelike model of the human face, the Faceworks
“Digital Ira” model.

The upcoming Tegra 5 chip is codenamed Logan and built on a 28nm
manufacturing node. It might be the first one to leapfrog Adreno and
PowerVR competitors on ARM. We have actually already seen the first
impressive demos of Logan this summer, but this one is truly impressive.

Nonetheless, this chip is still too power-hungry for mobile devices. The
developer version of Logan consumes 2-3W of power while final Tegra 5
for phones should end up optimized to run at at around 1W. However on
tablets, the Logan with Kepler combo is expected to be more powerful
than the PlayStation 3. Impressive.

sdw