[FoRK] Best undergrad for Computer Science in California?

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Sun Nov 10 14:14:03 PST 2013

My stepson is applying for colleges this year but wants to stay in
California.

He's currently applying to UC Irvine, Davis, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Santa
Barbara, and Los Angeles; Cal Poly San Luis Obispo; Caltech; Harvey
Mudd; and USC.

Irvine originally wasn't on the list because his father (an antennas
engineer) heard bad things about it, but I argued in favor based partly
on how many folks from UCI are on this list.

We want to keep the size of the list of schools around 10. Are there
schools we're missing that are better than what I've listed above?

Thanks,

- Joe