[FoRK] Best undergrad for Computer Science in California?

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Sun Nov 10 17:34:37 PST 2013

I don't know about which schools are which, but I can say that of the
people I have hired in the last 10 years, the people who were the best
programmers were those with electronics engineering degrees rather than
comp sci.

>From what I can tell, the comp sci courses have abandoned any ambitions to
teach computing from the ground up, and are instead oriented towards
producing programmers sufficiently educated to connect together pre-made
components, digital plumbing.