[FoRK] Children and digital/computer medium

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 9 08:37:03 PST 2013

You'd have to talk to him (Scot Osterweil) -- MIT lists his email as
scot_o at mit.edu.

There was a "Zoombini on Scratch" effort, but it doesn't appear to have
been successful.

There's also a Zoombini Maker written in Scratch which may be more complete
(albeit limited). http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/3138286/

Ken

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Kevin Marks <kevinmarks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Ken Meltsner <meltsner at alum.mit.edu>
> wrote:
>

> > When they get older, figure out what the current equivalent of "The
> Logical
> > Journey of the Zoombinis" is.  It was, hands-down, the best educational
> > game ever; boy 1 adored it and would have played it for days at a time if
> > we let him; not quite as popular with boy 2, although he recently had the
> > opportunity to meet the game's author at a college interview and I was
> > surprised just how much he remembered of the game's details.
> >

> Does he still have rights to Zoombinis? Porting that to iPad and Android
> would be such a good idea. Definitely the best. I suppose we could run it
> in an emulator...

After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever ,sig material.