[FoRK] Ayn Rand-loving CEO destroys his empire

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Dec 16 13:48:46 PST 2013

On 12/16/13, 1:06 PM, Joseph S Barrera III wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 12:04 AM, Stephen Williams quoted:
>
> > [...] as Sears’ physical stores became dilapidated and filthy.
>
> That process was well in progress by the 1970s.

They were dead to me when I tried to buy a whole lot of automotive tools for my son many years ago.  They were still using some
completely dysfunctional ordering / tracking system when I was also buying from Amazon.  The contrast was several orders of
magnitude disparity.

They squandered everything through poor management choices while JCP and Target continually refreshed and pivoted.

Stephen