[FoRK] mbufs

Dr. Ernest Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Wed Jan 8 14:47:57 PST 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Joseph S Barrera III <joe at barrera.org> wrote:

> Well, I guess I meant to ask: does anyone remember a Mt. Xinu calendar featuring mbufs the cereal?

I remember the punch line: "panic, out of mbufs” - where his big brother is going to kill him for finishing off the cereal.

> Better yet, does anyone have online scans of the Mt. Xinu calendars?

I had forgotten they were from Mt. Xinu:

mtXinu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn’t know they spawned Xinet!

There’s lots of other people remembering them, but no scans I could find…

http://www.mombu.com/programming/programming/t-mt-xinu-4348709.html

The most interesting find is some other programming-themed remixes:

Only You Can Prevent Buffer Overflows: Smokey the Bear remix - Boing Boing

— Ernie P.