[FoRK] [FoSDW] Tobii Eye-tracking game controller half off for CES

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 20:34:14 PST 2014

The Yogscast did its yearly Seasonal Fund Raising Drive in December. the
kids and i fund them a bit every years as we are dedicated Yognaughts. This
year one of the charities it was supporting was  Special Effect (
http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/) which is running with eye controlled game
pads for those gamers who are otherly abled.  They did a livestream play
thru of Sonic Racing with the eye controllers.  My boys, the eldest
especially, was fascinated by the concept of  making tech accessible to
folks who have different abilities. Showing them that tech not just for
techs sake but in the service of use  is a goal worthy of reaching for.

-tom