[FoRK] Why is married filing separately even a thing? (in the US)

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:14:23 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> wrote:

> In general, where one spouse makes more (i.e. one is home raising the
> kids), the tax savings for being married are obscene. Another wealth
> transfer from the young and single to the old and married - it's like that
> on purpose.

Having been the Designated Stay At Home for a decade + ...yeah... the tax
savings were insane. Then again the loss of my income for that long was
laso insane as is getting back into the job market as a single Dad.  All in
all,  you pay in one form or another. The detail is in the lubrication.

-tom(srsly laughing at how much my non income income gets taxed at)higgins