[FoRK] The Future of Desktops

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Sun Mar 2 15:42:11 PST 2014

I think they're still around, just renamed.  http://www.numecent.com/
They call it "cloudpaging" now.  I don't known what it's like now, but
back then it was far too difficult to package an application to work in
that format due to the requirement that it had to be indistinguishable
from a local install.  Other approaches ran in a container, which while
it limited the ability of the software to rely on other installed
software on the system causing you to send all the dependencies too, the
simplicity won out.

Greg