[FoRK] laptop repair in the bay area?

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Mar 2 16:03:02 PST 2014

Often, you just need to clean the filter/baffle.  MacBooks have a grid filter that catches fiber/hair.  Easy to take out and wipe
off.  But fans do go bad sometimes, especially cheap PC ones.

Some laptops are fairly easy to get apart that far, like MacBooks (but replacing the keyboard generally ruins it due to double-stick
tape), while others are not.  Recently, I gave up on either the modern Dell or my son's Asus.

There is a place on Santa Clara St. in San Jose, between 3rd and 4th who seem ready to tackle anything and have a reasonable price.
Kind of a dive, but perhaps OK.  They replaced a MacBook keyboard for me a while back.

Stephen