[FoRK] Smallest darn Arduino w/display

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 29 10:58:04 PDT 2014

The reproduction Altair is a true labor of love.

The toggle switches and lights went away pretty soon after that -- I
helped  a friend assemble a Southwest Technical Products Corp. (SWTPC)
6800-based machine a few years after the first Altair.   It had no toggle
switches because it had a tiny boot ROM.  All you had to do was turn it on,
hook it up to a TTY, and you were ready to go....

Ken

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is close, but this is more what i had in mine. in fact this was the
> first bit of gear I remember lusting for after my Dad showed me an article
> in some mag. The thought of a computer of my own....I still remember the
> rush of the thought.  http://www.altairkit.com/

After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever ,sig material.