[FoRK] Careers 2.0 invites

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:46:03 PDT 2014

The Stack Overflow people's career site (invite-only) gave me some invites
to pass along.

First come, first in the unlikely event more than 4 people want one.

Ken Meltsner

To make sure we only have great programmers, Careers 2.0 profiles are
*invitation-only*. You can earn invitations for friends and colleagues when
you:

   - *Tell us more about yourself*

   Try out some of the features on your profile. Get to *150* completeness,
   and we’ll grant you a batch of invites.
   - *Show how awesome other people think you are*

   Show us that other people think you’re awesome by linking to your
   *GitHub* or *CodePlex* projects. More followers = more invites.
   - *Use the invitations you have!*

   Are the people that you invite awesome? Well, then we’ll give you new
   invites for each person who creates a profile with a completeness score of
   at least *100*.

** Why only GitHub and Codeplex? Their APIs support OAuth which lets us
easily confirm your identity. After all, we can’t have people pretending to
be John Resig <https://github.com/jeresig> and getting thousands of
invites.*

--
After 30+ years of email, I have used up my supply of clever ,sig material.