[FoRK] Working for Amazon: Both bad and bad for your career?

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat May 31 13:34:08 PDT 2014

On 5/30/14, 6:15 PM, Joseph S Barrera III wrote:
> On 05/27/2014 12:30 AM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>
> > Amazon however is said to be a poor place to work. Since most employees are enticed to move to Seattle, where alternatives seem
> much more limited
>
> Ahem... http://www.google.com/about/careers/locations/seattle-kirkland/ :-)
Sure, that makes sense.

> There are a bunch of ex-Amazonians at Google, so it can't be *that* bad for your career :-)

I generally feel that any experience is good experience, even if it teaches you what not to do and causes you to yearn for the Right
Way.
The impression that working there is a career limiting move was told to me as a substantial reason for this person choosing to not
join Amazon.  That it may have reached that level was news.

Stephen