[FoRK] Re; It never rains in Southern California ...

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Aug 5 06:21:39 PDT 2014

Or stop protecting those stupid little mud suckers.  Who dealt (delta) a
smelt?

In 2007, the California made the single biggest mistake of their life
all but ensuring California would be in endless droughts due to what is
perceived to be an endangered fish.  The protection given to this fish,
not listed to be an endangered species until 2010, was highly
politically motivated, prevented the necessary waterway and reservoir
expansion to smooth out drought years, and basically started a highly
destructive land grab of water where farmers and municipalities tried to
use as much as they could to get their fair share of water rights.

It's all highly dysfunctional.

Greg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/us/02delta.html?_r=0