[FoRK] Fwd: CSP is Responsive Design

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Sat Oct 11 20:43:49 PDT 2014

Hi all,

This is the first concrete alternative I've seen to MVC. It seems to mesh well with the reactive/responsive approach we're using at The Swan Factory. Anyone know more about it?

“I believe there are three main elements not called Model View Controller (nor any other arbitrary variation on that tired old theme). The trichotomic design I'd like to suggest is more fundamental:

Event stream processing
Event stream coordination
Interface representation
When you look at UI components written in good object oriented style whether in Java, Objective-C, or JavaScript you nearly always find these three clear and distinct aspects complected together. In a traditional design you would have event stream processing provided by a base class or mixin. By subclassing you can provide custom interface representations. When it comes to the most complex and application specific code - event stream coordination - many well intentioned components devolve into an async mess made worse by the requisite complex state management.”

CSP is Responsive Design
http://swannodette.github.io/2013/07/31/extracting-processes/
via Instapaper

Sent from my iPhone