[FoRK] Super-Intelligent Humans Are Coming

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at radicalcentrism.org
Sun Oct 19 14:28:31 PDT 2014

Hi Eugen,

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 19, 2014, at 12:11, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
> Of course superintelligent evil is quite scary. But it seems a
> degenerated case, a superintelligence can't be consistently evil
> in the human sense of the word unless it's playacting, or it wouldn't
> be a superintelligence.

You seem to have a very different definitions of super intelligent than I do. I am not aware of any particular correlation between intelligence and morality. To me, morality is fundamentally about the core assumptions we choose to start reasoning from.

Or do you believe it is possible to rationally derive Morality starting from nothing, given sufficient computational horsepower?