[FoRK] Super-Intelligent Humans Are Coming

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Oct 24 10:59:12 PDT 2014

On 10/24/14, 6:40 AM, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Well, I've heard it said there's two types of people in the world, employees and entrepreneurs.  The first succeeds at the
> whim of the realities of the real world (and their boss's boss's boss), the second makes their own luck with what they have
> within the constraints of the real word, but fails more often than not.

The second manipulates the world, or alternately is the agent of providing something better to the world and owning the profits
rather than submissively begging for a share of profits that someone else thinks they own because they control it.  Being an
employee can be OK in the right organization if the organization is essentially sharing ownership and control in some or all
ways.  But those are a small subset.

Fails more often than not in the short term, but may tend to succeed overall in the long term.  You can lose all battles but one
and win the war, i.e. come out ahead of where you would have been.  And the difficult is likely to be more rewarding in other
dimensions so even losing the main war may have advantages.  That's what I keep telling myself anyway.