[FoRK] Lantern: One Device, Free Data From Space Forever

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Thu Nov 13 04:27:50 PST 2014

They are going to bomb/pollute the world with 2 MB/day broadcast on a
new frequency that can be received without a dish? They are going to
launch a satellite (or rent space from one) for $200k?

Either they're not being truthful about the satellite part and using
some sort of UWB, or they are renting space from some other existing
satellite in which point they can't guarantee it'll always be free.

Greg