[FoRK] That's a bunch of Malarkey

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Mon Jan 19 18:15:03 PST 2015

I don't know about pity...

Whatever is in common between Catholicism and Zen Buddhism is what I try to
practice. Which is mostly about forgiveness, rejection of materialism,
rejection of being self-centered. I go to church when I'm with my parents
and I see the value of it. But I don't go to church myself. I don't hold
any hopes/fears of a heaven or a hell. But I try every day to be a better
person, less petty and angry, and more loving and accepting. And I find
that process to be rewarding, not a sacrifice at all.

- Joe