[FoRK] That's a bunch of Malarkey

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 06:13:01 PST 2015

> might we resolve to just pity each other and let it go at that?

Which would be somewhat easier to do without the insulting tag line
attached.

Who to thank?  Perhaps yourself, valuing yourself instead of depending upon
some twisted sense of paternalistic approval as the only means of
redemption?

I survived being raised RC and attending catholic school.  My single most
favorite episode from school was inquiring of a nun (when faced with the
forced-march to A.M. Wednesday Mass) where specifically would we find Jesus
using the words "Holy Days of Obligation".  Then, as had happened many times
before (and subsequently after) I was met with "Mr. Kearney, I'll see you
after class."   I'm quite grateful. way back when, a Jew decided to stick
his neck out and suggest better means to coexist.   But the rest of the
claptrap is just nonsense.

Are the masses too stupid to develop a strong enough sense of self to "do
the right thing" without the threats posed by 'religion'?  Clearly that
seems to be the situation.

-Bill