[FoRK] That's a bunch of Malarkey

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Jan 20 09:40:49 PST 2015

Ouch.  I hope they were clean apps, but being PHP I doubt it.  Although probably not as convoluted as a lot of Java web apps with
their typical 42 layers.  I'm going down the NodeJS route with the prerendered one-page-app model.  The pre-render / post-render
optimal page / app model seems to require it.  It is very difficult to spend limited time yet be comfortable choosing particular
front end / back end libraries, especially when the landscape changes every week.

Recently, I narrowly escaped helping to fix a friend's startup's mess of an app on top of PHP/WordPress.  (I helped find people more
current on that now-legacy tech.)  Leaving me bandwidth to invent a couple things.  Now if I could only get my OpenSCAD models to
render to drawings in FreeCAD nicely (with outlines, not polys)...  Has anyone become expert at either of those? Alternatives?