[FoRK] That's a bunch of Malarkey

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Jan 20 11:45:15 PST 2015

Lol.  No clue, but I embrace the long history of theoretical mathematicians
and game theorists who use God as the representation that if there is
perfect knowledge or if there exists some value that is true outside of an
existing construct, then they can define it as God.   It's a really useful
technique for consistency and completeness proofs.  In fact, for any given
system of logic (an maybe axiomatic scientific principles) you can prove
something exists outside of it that can be determined to have property X.

I just decided to define X as 42.  That and I'm a big Gödel fan.

Greg