[FoRK] New Benefits of Marriage Study Actually Hints at the Horrors of Middle Age

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Fri Jan 23 07:43:35 PST 2015

It's salary capped.  In fact, there's a negative spot on the tax curve
where if your family made slightly more than $125k or $133k combined
household income, the number of things that are considered tax
incentives become perverse and there's a strange little loop on the tax
income between $1 below that threshold and tens of thousands of dollars
more where it doesn't matter anymore.   What a complicated weave we web.

I'm still a big fan of a flat tax.

I'm still laughing that people think the only way they can take better
care of their kids is through an act of congress.

Greg