[FoRK] New Benefits of Marriage Study Actually Hints at the Horrors of Middle Age

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Jan 23 09:22:48 PST 2015

Not training them at all is less compassionate.

I agree with avoiding co-dependency.  The problem is that the general gist of conservative argument is that any training / help is
necessarily co-dependent.  That seems like a poverty of imagination.  You can engineer around such pitfalls if you are really trying
to solve the problem in a fully perceptive way.  The net result is the distinct impression that conservatives don't want to solve
the problem.  We all wonder if they like things the way they are and somehow feel they are benefiting.