[FoRK] New Benefits of Marriage Study Actually Hints at the Horrors of Middle Age

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Jan 23 10:05:09 PST 2015

But you are right, many conservatives do seem to think there is only a simplistic strictly competitive situation in the shallow
sense.  They played Monopoly[1], chess, etc. rather than some game that illustrated another type of outcome.

sdw

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_board_game_Monopoly
The earliest known version of Monopoly, known as /The Landlord's Game <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Landlord%27s_Game> ...
/originally intended /The Landlord's Game/ to illustrate the economic consequences of Ricardo's Law
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_rent> of Economic rent <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_rent> and the Georgist
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgism> concept of a single tax on land value
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_value_tax>.^<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_board_game_Monopoly#cite_note-2>