[FoRK] New Benefits of Marriage Study Actually Hints at the Horrors of Middle Age

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Jan 23 10:12:15 PST 2015

A lot of the problem is that the main controllers and authors of education, culture, and other kinds of cultural input are
politicians, teachers, actors / writers / entertainment industry types, clergy, and sports heroes.  Except for a small subset, those
people have had a limited and often artificial experience that are particular to their career.  They will mistake their experience
and understanding as applicable across the board, including their outsider impression of how other career paths work.  For instance,
I have serious doubts that guidance counselors in high schools are able to provide worthwhile guidance much outside of becoming a
guidance counselor.

There are some obvious ways we can fix this.

sdw