[FoRK] New Benefits of Marriage Study Actually Hints at the Horrors of Middle Age

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 08:58:31 PST 2015

I don’t really get what you mean, by selectively gaming people.

Another data point:
http://www.kswo.com/story/27918885/proposed-bill-would-end-marriage-licenses

State Representative Todd Russ proposed House Bill 1125 in hopes of separating government from marriage by allowing religious officials to sign off on a marriage license as opposed to a county judge. Russ came up with the idea after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Oklahoma's same sex marriage ban in October.

Republican Representative Todd Russ says under House Bill 1125, a marriage would have to be signed off by a preacher, minister, priest, rabbi or ecclesiastical dignitary.

"Put it back to what it was supposed to be and was originally a holy matrimony and a very solemn and spiritual vow," said Rep. Russ.

If approved, Russ says the roles of judges or retired judges would change. They would no longer be able to perform marriage ceremonies. Some strongly oppose it because of what they believe it symbolizes.

"It doesn't put the county officials into the business of condoning it or approving it or licensing it," said Rep. Russ.

<<<