[FoRK] The fusion of anti-rationalism with anti-intellectualism - deliberate gullibility: My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 15:42:45 PST 2015

Somehow I'm more inclined toward thinking this has more to do with
hand-wringing on the part of those considering themselves "intelligent" than
it does about any of the stupid people.

We met with a lot of that when blogging and newsfeeds became possible.  All
kinds of "concern" from those that considered themselves 'gatekeepers' or
otherwise 'authorities' in fields suddenly cluttered with a lot of
'unprofessional' bloggers.

Stupid people have always been able to congregate.  Being online doesn't
somehow automate their ability to rise above their usual level of stupidity,
at least not in an actionable sort of way.

-Bill Kearney