[FoRK] Quarters needed for Apple to put Microsoft out of our misery?

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Jan 29 23:06:00 PST 2015

It is "put MIcrosoft out of our (i.e. users / customers) misery".  I know people who worked at Microsoft who were miserable for one
reason or another (and others who seemed fine with it), but that's besides the point.

Please see my other response.  Plus, there are a number of other ways a company like Apple could benefit, after a year of
transition, probably quite a bit more than Microsoft does with the same assets.

The point of my article is that it appears that Apple _could_ buy Microsoft now or soon if it desired.  That's interesting.  Even if
they did see a possible path, it's not the kind of thing that, historically, they would do.

sdw