[FoRK] Quarters needed for Apple to put Microsoft out of our misery?

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Jan 30 10:58:23 PST 2015

Microsoft + IBM is 97% in what sense?

I'm not contemplating using any IBM, Microsoft, or Oracle products or development components now or in the future. [1]
Yet I couldn't get away from Google, Amazon, or Apple if I tried. Little or none of their services rely on IBM, Microsoft, or Oracle.

IBM's market cap of $155B is less than half of Microsoft's.
Apple could pay cash for IBM now.

sdw

[1] I occasionally bring up Office because of documents sent to me.  I might build a desktop app on Windows after developing in OS X
or Linux.  And of course I would test on Windows as needed.