[FoRK] Quarters needed for Apple to put Microsoft out of our misery?

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Jan 30 16:32:35 PST 2015

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>
>> Presumably they have cloudy Linux religion there like everyone but
>> Microsoft.
>
> I'll just interject here that they use BSD/Mach, not Linux.

Apple's using BSD/Mach on their HP ProLiant servers?  I was talking about what they might be using for server operating systems for
iTunes, AppStore, etc.

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/the-apple-data-center-faq-part-3/

They used to use Xserve's / OS X and WebObjects, but I don't think that is even a product anymore.
http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=246135

Ah, even Apple has moved to AWS, Azure, and probably whoever else has the best cloud storage rates (but maybe not Google):
http://readwrite.com/2014/08/26/apple-icloud-amazon-web-services-hosting