[FoRK] Quarters needed for Apple to put Microsoft out of our misery?

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Jan 30 21:25:55 PST 2015

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>
>> Apple's using BSD/Mach on their HP ProLiant servers?  I was talking about
>> what they might be using for server operating systems for iTunes, AppStore,
>> etc.
>
> A co-worker says they run OSX on Dell hardware for a lot of their server
> stuff.

That's cool.  Too bad the rest of us can't do that as it that breaks the Apple license agreement.  They used to police that
aggressively.
If there is a way to run it licensed, that's interesting and I'd like to know about it.

However, for servers, I would probably rather use Linux for several reasons: Tunable kernel scheduling, the ultimate in
routing/networking/firewall, Docker, etc.