[FoRK] News monitoring (was a topic now long lost)

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Thu Feb 12 08:14:57 PST 2015

For those monitoring bureaucratic stresses at DOJ... as if on cue:

    http://www.justice.gov/usao/flm/

...just went 301 to:

    http://www.justice.gov/usao-mdfl/

Although, simultaneously:

    http://www.justice.gov/usao/flm/pr/

...went 404, and remains blissfully unaware of:

    http://www.justice.gov/usao-mdfl/pr

Somebody missed some mapping opportunities there!

Further:

    justice.gov/usao/me/news.html

...just became:

    http://www.justice.gov/usao-me/news-and-press-releases

...which is the pattern picking up steam as a possible new standard.

Unfortunately, although Maine and Indiana South took that cue:

    /news-and-press-releases

...New Mexico and Florida North moved instead to:

       /news-and-press-releases-1

So... discipline remains a limited commodity ;-)

GS