[FoRK] Washington is Hollywood for ugly people, and Hollywood is Washington for stupid people.

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Feb 21 00:59:36 PST 2015

>> On Feb 20, 2015, at 6:41 PM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>>
>> Nailed it:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesusland_map
>>
>> "The United States of Canada" and "Jesusland"
>
> Nailed what? Statistically speaking, the assignment of states to each side has a tenuous connection to reality, with several in the wrong bucket in both directions almost anyway you measure it. Even as satire, it is pretty weak tea.
>
> This was created as snide political narrative. Apparently it has the truthiness plants crave.

Of course, truthiness.  It is silly, or at least the roughest possible thresholding, but kinda sorta something.

Meaningless because most areas are greatly split; this is just about tipping points.

I bet a multi-layered map showing leanings for different job segments, levels, ages, ethnicities, etc. would be interesting.  It
would help show more of the full character of areas.