[FoRK] Nostalgy - keystroke filing in Thunderbird

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Mar 24 13:52:23 PDT 2015

I was thinking of creating something like this because I really needed it, but of course it already exists:

Nostalgy makes it easy to save or copy messages to a folder or go to a particular folder.  This greatly reduces effort between
making a decision and making it happen: It is just an obvious keystroke.  So, from the list of standard folders that I use below, I
can assign alt-d to "save message to sdw at lig.net:dev".  "Save" here means to move the message from the current folder to that
folder. Unfortunately, it is Thunderbird wide, so it needs different keystrokes for the same idea in different accounts.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/nostalgy/contribute/roadblock/
https://github.com/alainfrisch/nostalgy

I don't see a way to do this with gmail:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6594?hl=en

I like to clear my inbox daily.  Of the sometimes hundreds of messages I get every day, some I can use 'a' for quickly archiving
messages.  I pretty much use that for spam.  For the rest, I use these folders for most things.  I still have quite a few procmailrc
rules, but many messages aren't handled, often because I want to be aware of them first.

0todo
1realTodo
AI
bought
dev
ed
family
friends
legal
meetups
nleads (hiring / job releated)
press (catch all, non-spam misc.)
relocation (should be home, anything related to living/moving)
subscriptions
travel

And a few specifics:
FoRK
flight
photography
writing

Does anyone have a better or significantly different folder organization?

Stephen