[FoRK] Atom vs. JSON? Re: Microsoft gets a new religion: Visual Studio Core, aka Atom

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat May 2 17:02:55 PDT 2015

Yes.  It is interesting that they apparently decided to start over with a more or less standard platform, presumably adding their
proprietary and semi-proprietary modules, like .NET support.

It's not too surprising that the core of something like this is Node, since Javascript has won the browser and a lot of the server
war while letting everyone save face more or less.  But it is surprising that they would be able to make that decision on an engine
based on Chromium.  That must have been a lot to swallow.

sdw